Happy New Year everyone!
personal photo - waving sparklers at the stroke of midnight
Sorry for the delay in posting. The holidays were busy - they quickly came and went! I was back to work on Monday. Which also means back to wedding planning and blogging!
Today's topic - ring bowls. The first time I saw a ring bowl, I loved it. For those who don’t know what it is, it is an alternative for a ring pillow.
Since we are not having a little ring bearer, this would be perfect for our best man to have with him. Of course, it costs $38 US. Hmmm... for clay and string? I don't see Pat agreeing to this expense. I asked... He said no.
So it was time for me to put on my crafty hat. And to do some research online. Someone MUST have tried to make it themselves at some point. And of course - someone did!
It was actually not too hard - I ended up testing several different air dry clays and buying stamps from the $1 store. Ribbon too. It did take a few tries but I love it. Plus, we can use this after the wedding too - we can put our rings in it before going to bed... we can hang it on our Christmas tree... The best part is the fact that I made it myself and it only cost me a few dollars!
personal photo
Please excuse the lighting. As you can see, I kept it simple - just our wedding date. In the picture, I attached my engagement ring. On the wedding day, we'll add our wedding bands and the whole thing will be placed in a deep blue velvet pouch.
I can't wait to get glamour shots of my hard work! m.


No comments:
Post a Comment